Question
Posted by: geri | 2008/08/22

nausea 6 hours after eating

periodically, I begin to be nauseated 6 hours after eating, and usually vomit after another 2 hours. This began nearly 30 years ago, just once in a while, but has worsened and comes more often. The vomiting only began a few years ago. Sometimes it is after greasy or heavy meals, but sometimes not. Once it happened after cereal and milk! I had ultrasound of my gall bladder, liver, pancreas, all normal. Wonder if you have any ideas of what could be the problem?!

Geri

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Considering that your problem is chronic, you will have to consult a gastroenterologist, to have a gastroscopy and a barium meal done. This will exclude pathology of the upper gastrological system.

It is important that you have this done as soon as possible, as chronic irritation can cause severe problems, especially in the oesophagus.

Kind regards