Question
Posted by: Mary | 2011/08/29

Nausea

Dear Dr, I stay nausea most of the time, can this be from suffering from Diverticulites. Also experience a burning sensation across my stomach area
Is there OTC medicine that will help please

Mary

Your nausea is most likely due to gastric reflux where the stomach content pushes up into the oesophagus and thus in turn causes irritation with nausea and severe upper abdominal pain. You can use Gaviscon Plus, three times daily, before meals. You should however, consult your doctor for an examination, gastroscopy and barium meal to investigate your nausea.