Question
Posted by: Pat | 2010-11-25

Nausea

Every year around this time I start getting nausea almost on a daily basis. I have no explanation for this except that maybe the weather might be the cause? I live in Canada, the Winter is coming soon and it''s pretty cold now plus the air is always a bit dry in the Winter here. Is that reason enough? Oh, and coffee makes it all worse - again, at this time of the year only.

My symptoms right now are: nausea, slight dizziness, strange bowel noises (might be diarrhea since I''ve had it for two days now) and a strong headache.

I don''t get exactly the same symptoms each time, but nausea is always present. What should I do to avoid this?

I''m 25.

Hi Pat
Nausea can be caused by phlegm irritating the stomach lining (like if one develop a post nasal drip) or due to inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis) which can be caused by stress,smoking or alcohol use; or due to vertigo (middle ear infection), hormonal causes (high progesterone), bile reflux into the stomach (diet related), certain medications, migraine etc. If it persists you maybe need to see your GP to check a few basic things.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-25

Hi Pat