Posted by: Lexie | 2009-06-15

Hi, evrytime after I excerxise, I drink a glass of water, and then nearly immediatly I feel nauseous. I do jumping rope for about 10 minutes, and I have to drink water as my mouth fells very dry I am rather unfit, could that be the reason?

HI Lexie

I don't know, to be blunt. Obviously, when we exercise, there are changes in the body that prepare us and allow us to train, and they are not conducive to digesting food or eating or drinking. But that wouldn't explain why you get nauseous right away - a lot of people drink plenty during exercise and they're fine.

I don't think that you need a glass though, just a sip, so that solves the problem right away. I don't know the reason, but you're obviously just very sensitive and having just finished trianing, it's obviously not a good time for you to try to drink a whole glass. But as I said, you don't need a whole glass, you just need a sip of water, and you'd be fine, until later, when maybe the exercise changes have worn off and you'll be able to handle the whole glass.

So sip, and you should be fine.