Question
Posted by: Elsie | 2009-01-16

Nausea

Hi my hubby is 40 he has recently complained that he can not eat breakfast in the morning early as he then only vomits up everything. He thinks it might be the ashma meds he uses, but I am not too sure as he has used it quite a long while. His cholesterol meds was recently changed. He often feels nausea and also vomits often. I am scared it might be a sign of heart problems / heart failure. His father died at 35 due to a supected heart attack. Please I do not know what to think of this. He has a stressful job being a policeman and he also works shifts. He has also gained quite a bit of weight recently and I realise he does not actually exercise as much as he used to. he is tired all the time too. The Gp tested the other day and said he has very LOW blood pressure. SO we are trying to get it right with salt tabs. Please help.

Dear Elsie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that your husband makes an appointment with a gastroenterologist, in order to have a gastroscopy done, to rule out pathology of the upper gastro-intestinal tract.

Unfortunately, I am unable to comment on the drug interactions or the side effects of the drugs that your husband is using, as you did not mention what spesific drugs (names) he is using.

1
Posted by: Sean | 2009-01-16

Make sure that it is not the new medicine that is causing him to feel this way. My mother had severe side effects due to cholesterol medication (Lipitor specificly). Read the package insert.

Regards,

Reply to Sean