Question
Posted by: shandy | 2008/09/23

Naughty dog

I have a dushhound that will be very noisy and will bark this high pitched bark if a certain friend come to our house until she is allowed in what can i do to stop her from during this. She stays outside now because of my health, we can leave the door open she will not come in unless we say she can and will go outside if told to do so. But if this friend come she will not even listern to us carries on oustside crying and braking until she is allow in, it is now coming a problem with my husband .

Dear Shandy

Make sure that your friend ignores the dog completely. She can even come armed with a water spray bottle to try and stop this behaviour. A shock collar is a bit drastic but I thought I'll just mention it here.

8
Posted by: Chill | 2008/09/25

An excellent point, Butch!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: butch | 2008/09/25

maybe she just likes that particular person- so let her come in greet that person and she will be satisfied

Reply to butch
Posted by: WR | 2008/09/24

CRAZY!!!

Reply to WR
Posted by: Chill | 2008/09/24

The problem as I see it is simply that the dog behaves badly when ONE PARTICULAR FRIEND comes over, and this annoys the husband. Nowhere does it say he' s a tyrant and hates the dog - I adore my dogs but must confess that one of mine has the capacity to annoy me to kingdom come too, with one particular habit!

I must say that my dog philosophy is also that they should be allowed in the house - but millions of dogs aren' t, and as long as all their needs are met, and they have companionship and interaction, they' re perfectly happy.

The query was about changing the dog' ' s reaction to one particular person - that' s all!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Karen | 2008/09/24

Yes, rehome. Think of this dog' s quality of life. Its been turfed out of the house where it previously was welcome . The husband is having such a problem with its reaction to one person, that the owner felt the need to post the question, you have to ask how much he likes the dog. I' m sure she loves the dog, but considering the changed circumstances is it in the dog' s best interests to be in this home?

Reply to Karen
Posted by: WR | 2008/09/24

Ditto - REHOME???
Karen... you ok there?!

Reply to WR
Posted by: Chill | 2008/09/23

REHOME it??

Rather get rid of the friend!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Karen | 2008/09/23

Does this friend give the dog attention that she is no longer getting from you? I really think it would be in the best interest of the dog to rehome it.

Reply to Karen