Question
Posted by: asi | 2012-05-07

natural ways for unbocked fallopian tubes

im 37 years with a5 years old son. recently i did HSG, results show that both tubes are blocked. is there any natural ways of unblocking the tubes without going through surgery. i have done too many surgery that i would not like to undergo them again.

thanks in anticipation

Dear Asi

The first thing to establish is where along the fallopian tube the obstruction is detected. Occasionally the HSG may record an obstruction at the junction of the tube and the uterus [womb] when in fact the obstruction is due to the spasm of the tube rather than a true blockage. I would therefore recommend that you first of all repeat the HSG if the blockage has been reported in the position mentioned so as to absolutely certain that a spasm is not present. However should the fallopian tubes be definitely blocked then unfortunately surgery or IVF is the only option available.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012-05-13

Dear Asi

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert