Posted by: Lynne | 2010-10-13

natural treatments

I am taking medications for hypothyroidism, osteoporosis and depression. I do not like taking so many drugs and would like to find natural alternatives - what would you suggest I do and is it advisable to go this route?

Expert ImageNatural health

i would suggest you consult with a practitioner who can direct you in a more specific direction for yourself. there are many supplements that can assist. For the osteoporosis one needs to look at acid levels in the body, as well as hormones. A calcium supplement as close to food would be ideal - your body would absorb it easier and cause no damage in the arterial system. Low mood could be linked to hypothyroidism. L-tyrosine is the main amino acid for this.

Diet could also play a role in your above mentioned conditions.

Dr Debbie