Posted by: Lilly | 2010-06-17

Natural rememdy for stress

I am looking for a natural alternative to assist with stress. Im 28 but recently feel like I have been on the verge of a heart attack. My work life is very stressful and I have noticed that during the day I stop breathing. It appears I hold my breath because I am always so rushed I almost forget I need to breath.

This however by the end of the day leaves my lungs aching, and my chest feels like is spasms. It is incredibly painful while the spasm lasts, but then fades and comes back later.

I know this is all stress related and I am hoping there is a herbal or natural vitamin I can take to calm me down. A friend said I should try Saint Johns Wart, but Ive read up and it appears to be for depression?

Please help! I dont know how long my body can last! Ive been trying to meditate, but the affects are short lived. As soon as I get to work it all falls apart and when I get home, I just can shut down.

Expert ImageNatural health

you can use Magnesium (preferably one in a food form) use 3 tabs at night time. this relaxes the nervous system. Use vitamin b complex as this helps the nervous system cope with stress. if you are on no other medication also consider Gaba.
Dr Debbie