Question
Posted by: JACKIE | 2012/08/15

Natural Remedy ?

Dear Doc, Kindly assist me in suggesting what kind of natural products, ointments, etc. can be used to reduce fine lines / wrinkles on my face and neck area. I am a 47 year old white female with a very light skin tone. Thank You

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jackie, thank you for the question.

The only ‘natural’ ingredient that has shown to work on fine lines, wrinkles, and improving the overall appearance of the skin is vitamin A. If you refer to the word ‘natural’ to imply ‘organic’ ingredients then unfortunately there are not many in my opinion that have shown through double blind placebo controlled studies to work effectively. I am a firm believer in alphahydroxy and polyhydroxy acids (that are based on a molecular level to ‘natural’ derived ingredients) but they are synthetically produced in a laboratory.
Your most important topical product is a good SPF - 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide applied several times daily. One should also try and practice sun avoidance as much as possible (hats, umbrellas, etc.).

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/08/21

Hi Jackie, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert