Question
Posted by: Astro | 2012/02/20

Natural remedies for dog arthritis

Please can you tell me about any natural remedies or medications I can give my dog for arthritis. He has it in both back legs and is now not using one leg because of the pain. What is the best treatment?

Hi Astro

There is a multitude of natural remedies, medications and food that may assist in alleviating the pain that is caused by arthritis. I would advise that you contact your local veterinary practice regarding the treatment options that are available. Unfortunately i cannot recommend a treatment protocol as the clinician may use a single or multiple treatment plan. Please note that pain may not be caused by the arthritis and I would suggest that you confirm what the problem is prior to treatment.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

3
Posted by: Oscar | 2012/03/16

My recommendation is to move to any touncry except the United States of America.Health insurance in the United States of America costs at least twice as much as anywhere else.You cannot get cheap but good health insurance in the United States of America.To get cheap but good health insurance, you have to go somewhere else.

Reply to Oscar
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/02/24

Hi Astro

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: george | 2012/02/22

There are various natural remedies. Would recommend a vet check, may put the dog first onto drugs, and add the naturals. Naturals take a few weeks to kick in and have some effect, so ideal to have a drug first to make the dog more comfortable. This is the aim - let the older animal be comfortable.

Reply to george