Posted by: MiracleBaby | 2012-02-28

Natural pregnancy with endo

I''m 30yrs old and was diagnosed with stage 3 endo by my gynae in 2008. I had a laporoscopy in 2008 and was pain free for only 2 years. I went back to my gynae today after suspecting that my endo is back and severe. He confirmed the endo on the ovaries and said there''s nothing he can do for me and referred me to a fertility specialist at BioArt. The words ''fertility specialist'' scared the hell out of me and my question is what should i expect? and is there any chance of natural pregnancy after endo or is IVF the only option??

Dear Miracle Baby
In the fairly large number of cases the endometriosis may have involved the ovaries to such an extent that several endometrioic cysts may have developed and also the ovaries may have become attached either to the side wall of the pelvis internally or to the uterus. It can indirectly be surmised that the endometriosis has reached a fairly advanced stage in which case the more successful option in terms of conception would be in-vitro fertilization. Although surgical excision and treatment of lesions occasionally can result in pregnancy, the success of such procedures remains very low and in-vitro fertilization would offer a better prognosis and is less invasive.
Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: kayla | 2012-03-08

I will turn 37 this year with one child. I started zoladex treament for endo, just finished in Feb last i have a chance to fall preg again naturaly?

Reply to kayla
Posted by: MiracleBaby | 2012-03-05

Thank you Donna. It''s encouraging to hear from someone who had similar issues that there''s hope. The thought of not having any kids is too much to even consider. I''ll let u know how it goes with BioArt next week.

Reply to MiracleBaby
Posted by: Donna | 2012-03-01

Don''t be afraid. The specialists at Bioart are wonderful. I had both my children through ivf. I had endo, fibroids &  ovarian cysts and my only option was ivf.

Reply to Donna