Posted by: PJS | 2009-02-14

natural liver supplements

Hi I damaged my liver using " YOU.ES.EN"  sports products, what natural food can I use to repair my liver?

Dear PJS
I am sorry to hear that you have damaged your liver using YOU-ES.EN sports products. The two most important things you need to do to repair your liver, is to totally stop using any alcohol (if this should apply) and to cut down on the amount of fat you eat. Eat a balanced diet that consists of plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables (7 or more servings/day), very lean meat, fish, eggs and whole, unsifted grains and cereals, plus fat-free milk and dairy products like fat-free yoghurt and cottage cheese, and small quantities (3 tablespoons/day) of margarine or oils that are rich in poly- or monounsaturated fats (soft margarine or olive oil). For an example of a low-fat diet, click on 'Diet’ and ‘Weightloss’ and then on ‘Balanced diet’. For additional articles on how to reduce your fat intake, click on 'You are what you eat' and read the 'Healthy Heart' section. If you require a specific diet to be worked out for you, then I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). Products like Essentiale or ProHep can also help your liver to function more efficiently. Increase your liquid intake moderately (about 2-3 cups of liquid more per day) using rooibos tea or water or water mixed with Game (50/50).
I sincerely hope that you will be able to recover as much liver function as possible.