Question
Posted by: ATT:CYBERSHRINK | 2008/06/25

NATURAL HERBAL DEPRESSION MEDS

hi doctor please help me, i dont like taking pills, i cant at all, please assist me i need to know what food can i it and avoid, and what type of natural medication can i buy that i can use, i have depression.thanks

Well, you CAN take pills, but apparently for some reason don't want to. I don't beleieve in taking anything unnecessary, but the right medication can transform one's life, and refusing to use a good antidepressant when depressed, is like refusing to have plaster put on when you break a leg.
However, while you are hesitant, the ONLY over-the-counter herbal remedy for which there is some evidence of use in treating a mild depression, is St John's Wort ( which happens to work rather like Prozac and similar medicines, though more weakly ).
Also, if you see a psychologist, he/she cant prescribe meds, and can only offer talking help, which, if it is the form known as Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) can be highly effective in treating Depression.