Question
Posted by: MK | 2008/09/02

Natural diet

My sister and I share a house and between the 2 of us we have 2 cats and 2 dogs. The dogs are a daschund and a yorkie cross. The dogs have eaten since birth Eukanuba. Now my sister has heard on the radio that the natural diet is better for dogs since the dried food is processed. She has now taken to feeding them according to the guidelines of the natural diet she found on the internet. The dogs seem to be enjoying their new meals, however, I am sure about this. I was always led to believe that the Eukanubas, Royal Canins etc were perfect for the animals needs. Comments, please?

Dear MK

The good food companies do a lot of research about the diets and are very well formulated. Nothing wrong with a natural diet but not always easy to formulate. Read the book 'Give the dog a bone' a good guide to feeding raw food. Most people find processed food just easier to fit in with their lifestyle.