Posted by: Chubby | 2012-11-08

Natural Appetite Supressants/Appetite Control

I am desperate to find a natural appetite supressant - I take 15-30mg Mirteron at night and wake up early hours of the morning (you''ve seen my previous posts I''m sure)... absolutely ravenous. Through the day I am eating every 1-2 hours. I am gaining weight and don''t know what to do.
Tried the Herbex eat less booster but sometimes I wake up nauseous so its not always possible to take it before breakfast. What natural appetite suppressants can you recommend?

Dear Reader
I cannot recommend any of the so-called 'natural' appetite suppressants because they all also contain ingredients that can have negative effects such as diarrhoea, dehydration, and addiction. I would recommend that you discuss this problem with the doctor who is prescribing your Mirteron as your depression may be responsible for your ravenous appetite. It is also not advisable to mix medications such as an antidepressant with other medications, including over-the-counter products, without first discussing this with your prescribing doctor.
Once you have sorted out if it could be depression that is causing your excessive eating and the dr has suggested treatment, I would recommend that also see a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to help you with an eating plan that promotes weightloss.
Bet regards