Question
Posted by: Anom | 2012/04/16

Natreen Sweetner

Hi, I was told recently by my dietician that I need to cut back on my sugar intake. She recommended Natreen. Is there any side effects to this sweetner or any cancer causing ingredients in this. I heard that canderal has some harmful ingredients. not sure if this is true.

Dear Natreen Sweetener
I am not acquainted with Natreen because it does not seem to be readily available in South Africa. I have determined that it contains a mixture of 3 artificial or non-nutritive sweeteners namely cyclamate, saccharin, and thaumatin. In each case the ADIs (Acceptable Daily Intake) has been determined by international organisations such as the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA, so a product such as Natreen will not contain higher levels of any of these sweeteners than are considered safe by the leading organisational watchdogs. I would imagine that your dietitian has indicated that you can use such a non-nutritive sweetener in moderate quantities to ensure that you do not exceed the ADI. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and do a Search for the articles on 'Artificial Sweeteners - An Update - Part I' and also 'Part II' to read more about all these sweeteners.

11
Posted by: nic | 2016/04/22

bought Natreen at Checkers

Reply to nic
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/30

The container or plastic dispenser is very flimsy and spills open

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: riverqueen1305 | 2016/07/31

The dispensers are disposable. I put a piece of clear tape across the top and that solves the problem of the tablets falling out

Posted by: netibiza | 2014/05/20

Does Natreen contain aspartame?

Reply to netibiza | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/31

Natreen does not contain any aspartame.

Posted by: Mike Woollam | 2014/04/22

I would urge everyone to look carefully at the list of ingredients on most products. They are supposed to be there by law in the order of amount. BUT be careful to see whether the list you are looking at is for per 100 gms and you have a 400 box etc etc. They also talk about how much sugar etc PER SERVING. You need to check out exactly what that means. By the way 5 gms of sugar = 1 teaspoon. Want a real shock? Work out how many teaspoons in the new 2.25 bottle of coke. Then put it back on the shelf. Too much sugar = diabetes.

Reply to Mike Woollam
Posted by: d | 2013/11/25

I would like to know where I am able to get Natreen in the USA? I have moved here and will cost me a fortune to import.

Reply to d | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/02

Natreen contains Cyclamate which was banned in the USA in 1972

Posted by: Dr.Pixie Pascoe | 2012/04/23

I want to complain about you Natreen sweetner holder. The one I bought does not work and I was forced to get another little container to transfer these pills It looks like batch L1249. I have tried this brand for the first time on recommendation of friends and I must say, it is NOT a very good start for me.
Dr Pascoe

Reply to Dr.Pixie Pascoe

Dear Natreen Sweetener

Reply to DietDoc | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: mike Woollam | 2014/04/22

N atreen is available in SA, Best bet is PicknPay, You must just look for it, It is an excellent sweetener and is not harmful