Posted by: Diane | 2010-01-07

Hi There ,

I was wondering what the alternate medication just as effective as nasonex would be for allergic rhinitis (aspirin allergy in particular). I am changing medical aids and Nasonex is not covered and i have been happy with the results from it.

Many thanks

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Diane

You are going to find it difficult to find an alternative for Nasonex. I suggest you ask your ENT to motivate for the continued use. If you suffer from aspirin allergy, this needs to be seen against the background of possible lung involvement as well. I suggest you try your utmost not to change from something that is already controlling your symptoms. If this fails, ask your ENT for any alternatives in your case.