Posted by: Isabel Burns | 2009-08-30

Nasal Problem

Scabs in nostrils and a blocked up feeling in nose

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Isabel
Scabs in nostrils are abnormal, and should be properly examined by an ENT surgeon. He/She will perform a nasal examination to rule out possible causes, this may include digital trauma, infective processes, granulomatous diseases (very rare), growths in the nasal cavity and possible overuse of nasal decongestants. This can only be confirmed after an examination of the nasal cavity, as the crusting could also be the cause of the blocked feeling.

Posted by: Gorida Joram | 2009-09-30

I have a chronic sinusitis, all treatment done,no success,
now the nose is running yellow pus, bad breath all Antibiotics no relief. Can I survive? Please advise.

Reply to Gorida Joram