Question
Posted by: lisca | 2010/11/23

nasal meds

Dr my 3jr old son has been suffering with a runny blocked nose for the last 4 weeks. He is on Zyrtec, Singulair, Nasonex and Flixotide daily. I''ve tried Vibrocyl for 7 days almost 2 weeks ago, with no effect...tried salex...with no effect. Is it ok to try Iliadin now? How often can this nasal meds be used? He doesn''t use any milk prodcts.
Thanx

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Lisca

You should be advised by your doctor as to the next option. Iliaden may be used for a short (3 to 5 day) period of time, but no longer. At does sound as if your child may benefit. A diagnosis is required as to the reason for his blocked nose, as this will determine your treatment plan.