Question
Posted by: Theo | 2008/05/30

Nasal drip when running

What could i do to stop the nasal drip from starting when i run.After 50km i become very nauses and have a problem drinking water or other liquids

Hi theo

Good question, i must confess I don't know the specific answer. My gut says you might benefit from an anti-histamine type tablet, which dries up the sinuses slightly. The problem here is that the greater air flow during running is aggravating an existing problem, and many runners know this feeling where they experience some sinus problems, runny noses during running. I'd say you might experiment with a sinucon/sinutab type of pill before the run, and maybe after about 3 hours, and see how that goes.

I hope that helps.
Ross