Question
Posted by: Sue | 2011/09/13

Nasal Drip

Hi.
I have a continues nasal drip which leads to smelly breath. I had my tonsilitis removed many years ago. What is the cause of this and what can i do to solve this problem, please.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Sue

It is possible that you are suffering with a chronic sinus infection, causing the continous, smelly post nasal drip (PND). The obvious thing would be to exclude a sino-nasal infection, and this will require a full ENT examination. If that is not causing the problem, other possibilities could include dental problems, and your dentist will be able to look at that possibility.