Question
Posted by: Reggy | 2010-07-21

Nasal Drip

My daughter of 2 years 6 months is suffering from Nasal Drip, this year alone she was admitted 3 times in the hospital. Currently she is taking Asthma treatment (pumps), singular, Dexelex and nasal spray, all this will work for few weeks and she start coughing terible at night, eventually even during the day. I took her out of diary product and there was great improvement, her nose was not blocked anymore and the coughing has stoped, but I''ve noticed that lately the block nose are back and she started coughing again. So I am starting to think that this will never go away, I want to find out if will she ever outgrow the nasal drip? because it seems like even the medication is not helping even the antibiotics works for two weeks and after that she is sick again.

Expert ImageSinus Expert

Nightly coughing frequently is associated with childhood asthma. Therefor it seems as though you are on the right medication. Postnasal drip does not necessarily aggravate the problem. If blockage is a problem again you will have to exclude bacterial sinusitis, adenoid hypertrophy or gastric reflux. It is advisable that you see a doctor.

1
Posted by: Sinus Expert | 2010-07-23

Reply to Sinus Expert