Posted by: Sunshine | 2009-01-26

Nasal Congestion &  weeks of pregnancy

Firstly, my last period was on 7th December. I took Clomid and am now pregnant. The way i work it out, i should be 7 weeks 1 day along. However, when my Doctor called with the blood test results, she said they indicated i was 4 to 5 weeks along (this was on Friday 16th January). so this weekm according to that, i should be 5 to 6 weeks.

Do they work the blood tests out from conception, or from the last period as well? should i be worried if the length of the pregancy is not the same per the blood tests? My first Gynae appointment is 12th Feb and this is my 3rd pregnancy.

Also, I have no morning sickness or anything like that, but have got a constant blocked nose. My GP said i can use Vibrocil spray or gel, but didn' t say for how long. i only use it it night so i can sleep and i try saline during the day but it doesn' t help. How long can i use the Vibrocil for and is there anything else i can use? i don' t have a cold and it' s not the flu or allergies - what' s up with this? i can' t breathe at all through my nose.

please help!

You will probably have a scan at your first gynae visit. this will very accurately determine exactly how far pregnant you are.
Not all women have morning sickness. You may be one of the lucky ones or you may get it later. It sounds like you need to find out why your nose is blocked if it is persistent. You could see an ENT specialist about this.