Question
Posted by: Tired | 2011-01-13

Narcolepsy

I''m forever tired and keep falling asleep at awkward times even while eating or on the loo.|i know it''s narcolepsy. I ''ve been diagnosed about 5-6 years ago, but unfortunately the doc had since left the country. My dilemma is that I''ve been two 4 or 5 neurologists in the meantime and they''re not helping me at all ! It''s like they''re clueless in this area.I feel like screaming , coz they would ask me what it is that I have ans well as what medication do I take for that. That''s it !!! They just give me prescriptions although I''ve told them that the medications are having negative side-effects on me. I don''t know anymore! I feel sooooo drained, worn out and ashamed, coz I always fall asleep with everything I''m doing.

PLEASE HELP !!!! PLEASE refer me to a a proper neurologist .
Do we have any Narcolepsy Support Groups in RSA?Narcolepsy

Expert ImageSleep Expert

I know of people who wanted to start such a group, but I don't know if they got anywhere with it.

Please ask your doctor to refer you to a sleep doctor for better control of your condition.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011-01-14

Reply to Sleep expert