Question
Posted by: Amy | 2010/05/14

Narcissist?

I''''m so confused. I''''ve been going out with this man(53 I''''m 45) for 2 years now. There seems to be so many signs that he is a narcissist but how can I be sure? He''''s had problems with my previous relationships, my ex family, my children, my hobbies everything. When we argue which is all the time he''''s always right and I''''m always wrong. He twists what I say around until I don''''t know what''''s going on anymore. I''''ve read many many articles on narcissism and yes he does have a lot of the signs but at the moment 2 years later I''''m beginning to feel like I''''m the one going mad and perhaps misreading the signs? For example I recently asked him if he wanted to go camping for a weekend. He didn''''t answer. I then replied with "  because you didn''''t answer is that a no then?"  . He then says he didn''''t answer because I hadn''''t said good morning. We live apart. Am I wrong for responding like that because at the moment everything I do, don''''t do, say or don''''t say is wrong. Please help. My head is about to burst.

Its not a diagnosis o narcissitic personality disorder that matters, but how he shows this, how he behaves, and how you feel about that. The way you describe him, he sounds unpleasant and not worthy of a relationship with you - and at his age, likely to be too fixed in his ways to change, even if he wanted to do so.
It's not "signs" that matter but asimply how he behaves, and that's unpleasant enough to warn you to think VERY carefully about continuing a relationship with him

1