Question
Posted by: Mama | 2010/07/14

Nanny

Just found out yeaterday that my nanny is going TB treatment and she is also HIV positive. My baby safe? Especially TB? Is the nanny able to look aftetr a six months baby? i have so many mixed feelings please give me your opinion

Hallo Mama
If the nanny is on TB treatment for longer than 2 weeks she won't be infectious anymore, as long as she takes her treatment regularly. HIV is only transmitted via sex or contact with infected blood. Whether she is able to look after a 6 months old baby depends on her qualifications and experience.

2

If I were you, I would have my baby tested for TB - you don''t know (and she also probably didn''t know) for how long she had it before she got treatment, and it is infectious! Has the rest of your family been vaccinated?

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/14

Hallo Mama