Question
Posted by: Ernie | 2012/05/10

Naloxone

I am interested in giving the Sinclaire Method a shot, seeing as it has such a high success rate. My pharmacist only stocks Naloxone injections, in 3 and 4 mg. Is Naloxone available in pill vorm in South Africa. If not, what would the dosage be with the injections? Does the drinker still get any pleasure out of drinking if on Naloxone? Thanks in advance.

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Dear Ernie,

The Harmony Group uses the disease model of addiction treatment to treat alcoholism. We do not believe in substituting one substance for another.

It has been said that there is no chemical solution to a spiritual problem and therefore even if you do stop drinking due to taking Naloxene there may still be underlying trauma which needs to be dealt with in order for you to find the happiness within.

please feel free to call The Harmony Group on 021 790 7779 for a free assessment.

Regard,
Karen

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/11/08

"We do not believe in substituting one substance for another." "It has been said that there is no chemical solution to a spiritual problem" Anyone who makes these sort of statements is most definitely not an addiction expert. They're in fact following a belief system created many decades ago that was not even remotely based on science and does not correspond to current scientific knowledge on addiction.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/02/27

Dear Karen, I don think that what you are saying applies in all circumstances.. Certain people gets physically addicted and it may not always be related to emotional trauma. I smoked for 20 years, and just could not go cold turkey. I've tried, as I hated the smoke, but my body craved the nicotine. At the end I did quit it (now for 6 years), and did so with a chemical. I have taken note of a number of people going into rehab, but coming out worse, even OD's and suicide. They way I looked at it, is that the first 10 cigarettes I smoked, I vomited, as my body did not like the poison. Shaking it off, I needed a supplement to get my body to ease off the poison it got so depended on. Best of luck JR

Posted by: Addictions expert | 2012/05/22

Dear Ernie,

Regard,
Karen

Reply to Addictions expert | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/15

Just wondering, as someone who came here hoping for some answers or advise and finding NONE. Is this an automated responce because it really was not an answer to the previous comment? I would, because of this, never recommend or contact "The Harmony group" myself.