nail tech as a career??

I' m originally an executive pa by profession, and have been since leaving school.
therefore its all I know!
months ago I decided to study for a hotel management diploma as I' ve always wanted to get into the hospitality industry. I love meeting ppl and offering 5* service.
plus the company I worked 4 treated me poorly and I therefore resigned.

its been very difficult finding work in this field. I,v only been able to get small part time work at guest houses but they don' t last long as I lack the experience they require.

so I got a bee in my bonnet! I love nails and getting mine food at spas and thought, why not do a short course for nail technician and atleast then I' d have something to fall back on in times like these.
I' m a bit scared about doing this and just wanted to ask anyone that is a nail tech to offer advise? bout starting out how difficult it is and how much can a newly qualified nail tech make?ta so much.
am I being silly studying something while studying somethin else.

( discovers bee in bonnet. Reaches for can of Raid ).
It would probably have been wise to complete your alternate training part-time and get a new job, before resigning. However.
Its the old dilemma, they won't give you the jobs you need to gain experience, because you don't already have enough experience. How do they expect you to get the experience ?
Did you GET the Hotel manaement Diploma ? OR abandon that plan after not finding jobs in the field ? If you were taking such a diploma, would they not be able to help you get jobs in the firld during your studies ?
I hope others can respond usefully about Nail Technology, a field which is a complete mystery to us mere scientists. You could become a splendid hotel receptionist who could do our nails while we wait for the porter.

It can be a great career. Dont waste your time and money on cheap training. Look up lcn. Did their trainining and do nails as a hobby at night and earn R2000pm (4 clients a week). The set up cost is very high though 20k to 30k.

sorry *done* not *food*