Question
Posted by: dede | 2010-04-17

Nail related query

What would cause my nails to suddenly develop long lines from nail bed to tip Not horizontal to nail bed - but vertical. all my nails - never had it before 65 year old - active - no major problems - takes daily vit. Eat a balanced dieet - but cut out to much red meat for last 2 years - It is quit obvious to other people.??? Never ever had falls nails always been lucky with good strong nails.

Dede

It is possible that it is due to an iron defiency. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests.