Question
Posted by: tee | 2011/11/14

nail pain

Hi doc,

I woke up from my nap yesterday with a painful nail on my index finger. I didn''t sleep on it wrong because its only the nail on my left hanh. The finger doesn''t hurt. This morning when I got up the pain was much more noticeable. It really hurts. I have a cold right nail is it somehow related?

Tee

If the nailbed or finger appears to be colder than the surrounding tissue, it is possible that you have impaired blood circulation. You should consult your doctor for an examination. Your symptoms are a-typical and therefore, an examination and blood tests, are indicated.