Question
Posted by: Beverley | 2011-09-05

Nail fungus

I was diagnosed with a nail fungus about 8 years ago and it seems to come back at least once a year (if not more). I have used Trosyd nail paint, Lamisil (spray and tablets) and I''m using Loceryl at the moment. The Lamisil tablets caused my finger joint to swell up and become painful so I discontinued using it. I always know when it''s about to start up again as the base of my hand starts to itch! My question is, what causes a nail fungus and what can I do to stop it recurring?

Beverley

Please refer to the following link regarding onychomycosis, the causes and the treatment thereof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_fungus