Question
Posted by: Nail fungus | 2010/03/29

Nail fungus

Hi, please advise what to use, a fungus appeared and spread under my nail on my left thumb it has been there for 3 weeks, the nail chipped at the cuticle area, today i noticed that another fungus is busy growing under my right finger, please help

Expert ImagePharmacist

Loceryl or Trosyd are two over-the-counter nail paints indicated for fungal infections of the nails - Use these for at least 6-12 months to seen an improvement (unfortunately this is related to the speed at which your nail grows and a faster option is not available).

Your doctor can prescribe and oral treatment, but even this will be an extended treatment.

All the best!