Question
Posted by: LGD | 2010-03-08

NAIL FUNGUS

I have suffered from a nail fungus in my fingernails and toenails for almost two years now. In the beginning the Gp perscribed a very expensive oral medication which had to be taken for a period of 3 months. The product only worked while I was taking this medicine.

Is there anthing I can buy over the counter that will work?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi L

Unfortunately fungal infections of the nail takes some time to clear up. The best would be that oral medicatio your doctor prescribed, but maybe for a longer duration this time.

Some very effective nail paints are available OTC, but these are also pricey. These inlcude Trosyd and Loceryl (I's suggest the latter) - NOTE that treatment should be continued for 6 months.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010-03-09

Hi L

Reply to pharmacist