Question
Posted by: km | 2010/06/08

na operasie nou onfiks

Ek was vir ''n groot operasie en vir 5 weke af van oefen.Nou is ek fitloos en heeltemal uitasem as ek skaars begin ry het. Ek was top fiks. Wat kan ek doen om weer vinnig fiks te word, ek ry fiets vir so 80-90min per dag. Ek het ''n spin fiets ,kan ek buiten fiets ry spin ook?Of enige iets anders wat my weer terug kan kry op die vlak waar ek was? Dit frustreer my om so swak te voel. Help asb?

Hi km

Unfortunately, you have to pay your dues and just work slowly back to where you were. It will come, and so don't get frustrated, but it's tough. You just have to change your expectations around the training so that you don't try to do what you were doing at your peak. It will probably take you 6 to 8 weeks of easier training to get back there, so just enjoy the easier work. If you used to ride for 90 minutes, now you need to drop down to 45 min and then work back up.

If you used to average 30km/h, now you need to aim for 26km/h and just be patient. As I say, the progress will come, but if you force it and you're not ready, then you'll end up injuriing yourself.

One tactic that usually works is to find other people to train with, people who are slightly below the level you used to be at.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/06/13

Hi km

Reply to fitnessdoc