Question
Posted by: SJ | 2008/09/02

NA KEISER

Ek wil net weet of dit moontlik is om normaal te kraam as mens reeds ' n keiser gehad het. Myne was 3 jaar gelede.

It is possible but depends on a number of factors, such as the size of the baby and your pelvis.

1
Posted by: CE | 2008/09/02

Hi SJ,
My afrikaans is nie so lekker nie, so ek hoop jy sal kan uitmaak wat ek in engels gaan skryf :)

Having vaginal birth after caeserian (VBAC) does include some risks, but that doesn' t mean its not possible.
Your gynae should be able to give you all the info regarding the process and the risks, or else try google it for more info.

I also had a caeser 3 years ago (not by choice, but by emergency) and it took me a long time to get over the fact that i didn' t give natural birth. Hubby and i are trying to concieve again and i' m also considering a VBAC, but would like to discuss it with my gynae first. If the risks are too high (it might differ from person to person, and it also matters how you were cut at your first caeser - horizontal or vertical), then i' ll opt for a caeser.

Good luck and best wishes
x  -) x

Reply to CE