Question
Posted by: dinky | 2011/02/14

n

I suffer of low self esteem and at this stage feel afraid even to communicate with others, please any advice

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

Our thoughts about ourselves is something that is rooted in the way we were raised and the relationships we have had through a lifetime. This leads to our inner experiences, behaviors and how we relate to the world.
Chronic low-self esteem is not something that can be dealt with, without several sessions with a therapist as it is very deeply rooted and difficult to overcome without expert guidance.
However, until you find your way clear to getting help I would like you to write down and contemplate the following: 3 things that you enjoy doing. 3 things that you know you are good at. 3 things you would like to succeed at - even if you don't think you can. And 3 reasons why you are a likable, valuable person. I would like you to read through these items at least once a day. Added to which one thing you can be grateful for every day.
Then do one thing every day to help someone else feel valued. This can be as simple as a smile or a small compliment. You will be amazed at what it does for your own sense of self.

1
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011/02/16

Reply to Behaviour modification