Question
Posted by: Kim | 2011/05/16

Myth or fact

Is it true that people who exercise are warmer during winter?

I dont exercise at all (I am trying my best to start) and I suffer during the winter mnths, my feet are always the coldest no matter how many pairs of socks i have on...

Hi Kim

Well, for a short time, anyway. Exercise obviously lifts the metabolic rate by an enormous amount while you do it, and if the training is relatively hard, that increase lasts for a long time, which would make one feel warmers. A slightly longer term reason is that exercise improves the circulation, and that will help with the extremities. A lot of this is genetic, but exercise does help a little, so it's another reason why to turn your desire into action!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/05/23

Hi Kim

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc