Question
Posted by: Itchy! | 2009/09/04

Mystery rash

Dear Doc,

I have a rash starting at the hairline, on my ears, chest, arms and a little bit on the feet. We initially suspected measles, but the blood tests are negative. The rash looks like a cross between measles and chickenpox and is very itchy and warm. I did not present with the usual cold symptoms.
I am a school teacher and need to get back to work. What can I possibly do to speed up recovery if anything?

Itchy

It is difficult to diagnose a skin rash without an examination and if your doctor are unable to assist, I suggest that you consult a dermatologist, in order to have a proper diagnosis made.