Question
Posted by: kk | 2009-08-11

Myprodol and Breastfeeding

I had a terrible flu over the weekend. my doctor is out of town out of my sick self i went to another doctor who thanks God was opened on a public holiday. I mentioned to her that i am breastfeeding but she still prescriped Myprodol. My son is 18 months old and I just read on internet now that myprodol is not recommended for breast feeding mom. what effect will do be to my son? what will happen? should i stop taking the pills and save my son? should i continue and get rid of my pain quick?

Dear KK
There is Panado, Brufen and Codeine in Myprodol - the Codeine can make him constipated and sleepy and is not recommended for kids under 3 years. Obviously one would also not want him to take in unnecessary medication if he is not ill, so if possible rather use Panado for the pain and fever and avoid Myprodol if possible.