Posted by: kk | 2009-08-11

Myprodol and Breastfeeding

I had a terrible flu over the weekend. my doctor is out of town out of my sick self i went to another doctor who thanks God was opened on a public holiday. I mentioned to her that i am breastfeeding but she still prescriped Myprodol. My son is 18 months old and I just read on internet now that myprodol is not recommended for breast feeding mom. what effect will do be to my son? what will happen? should i stop taking the pills and save my son? should i continue and get rid of my pain quick?

Expert ImagePharmacist

All of the ingredients in myprodol (paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine) are considered compatible in breastfeeding - meaning that although large doses or long-term doses should be avoided, short courses may be used without worry.

Hi - what is considered short course and what is a long course, I was also told myprodol is safe while breastfeeding. But still have my concerns. Thanks.