Question
Posted by: Marlize | 2008/09/10

Myotonic dystrophy

Steinert' s disease  myotonic dystrophy

My Mom was diagnosed with this disease 9 months ago. Is there any support groups or a foundations for these patients or do you perhaps know how I could get something like this started. Your help would be highly appreciated, we need to make her life a little easier, if only I knew where to start. Regards, Marlize

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Marlize

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I am unable to find any support groups for myotonic dystrophy in South Africa. I therefore, recommend that you contact the Association for the physically disabled, as they will be able to advise you about how to start a support group.

Kind regards