Question
Posted by: The Asian | 2011-01-20

Myoclonus and other symptoms

In April 2009 I was diagnosed with spinal myoclonus by my neurologist. Recently I''ve been having other prroblems (which others have pointed out to me) like bad memory, speech and reading problems, tremor in my right hand and voice, eyesight that is getting bad alot quicker than compared to before (I wear glasses) and alot of headaches.

I''m currently taking Epilim and Lamotrigine for the myoclonus. I''ve had basically every test there is and everything is normal. When I tried to mention these other symptoms to my neuro he brushed it off and said that I was searching for problems.

I''d just like to know if you have any ideas that would fit all these symptoms or if I just have to wait for them to get bad enough so that the neuro can actually see it and then do something about it.

Thanks so much

Dear the Asian
I think that if these problems are really worrying to you and noticable by your family/friends, you may need to get a second opinion from another neurologist. Try to get hold of all your test results to take with to prevent duplication of tests. It is totally within you patient rights to get a second opinion.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-24

Dear the Asian