Posted by: david | 2010-01-27

I am 50 years of age.Working behing the desk .In the past months I have been having a problem on my right lleg.It' s very painfull even with the pain killers that only last for a short time before the pain comes back again.One of the doctors I have been to , diagnised it as Myalgia and the other said it was Athritis.Funny beacuase the pain stars from the waist ,down to the calf.Only on the right leg.I have lots of discomfort and tngling sensation accompanied by piercing pain when sitted. When I walk or stand up the pain dissapears or subsides.
Please advise what medication to take especialy for the pain.

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Dear David

It must be frustrating when you cannot find any relief. And I am sorry for your pain. Unfortunately I am not qualified to recommend any medication.
But you definately need to get to the bottom of it. It might be a pinched nerve or even a vertebrae that has shifted and causing you pain.

Reflexology can help relieve a bit of the pain ... but if its a physical problem like the spine needing alignment - it will need other therapies.

I would suggest that you visit an osteopath or a physiotherapist - they might recommend for scans to be done too if they feel you need them.

I hope this has helped.

Posted by: ziggy | 2010-02-25

I have a similar problem and have found it to be caused by trigger points in my back, buttock and hip. Dry needling and physio do help for a bit but as soon as you sit at your desk again the pain returns. I have a leg that does not bend much and tend to sit off balance in my chair which causes the trigger points to flare up. I would suggest if you are able to try sitting on a ball at your desk instead of a chair and see if that helps at all. If it does not relieve the pain it will certainly improve your posture.

Reply to ziggy