Question
Posted by: Kim | 2010-08-05

My worst fear

Hi Doc,

Is it normal to worry about dying all the time?
I wirry about it all the time and I worry that myheart will stop beating or I will have a stoke or get cancer or something terrible will happen to me. I have two small girls and I am so scared of dying cos there with be no one to look after them and I know they would miss me incredibly. we are very close to each other.
somedays I cry becuase I know everyone''s time will come to die but I am so scared of it. It firghtens me so much.

"Normal" is rather a weasel word. But it's not usual to be so focussed on death. This can be a variety of anxiety disorder, with some obsessive features, or could also be related to Depression. Either way, its unpleasant and yet should respond really well to treatment, with medication and/or counselling / psychotherapy. The best thing would be to see a goog local psychiatrist, either provately or through your nearest medical school or large state hospital, for a proper assessment and a discussion of your treatment options. You could soon be feeling much better, and happier, and anle to focus on more useful aspects of life.

2
Posted by: 123 | 2010-08-05

Take out life insurance and stop worrying!

Reply to 123