Question
Posted by: Anon2 | 2008/12/03

My world

I’ m being sucked into a hole. My world is becoming smaller and smaller. I don’ t have friends. Except for work I hide in my house and never want to go anywhere or invite anyone over. I never open the curtains at home. When I get home I always get into bed. Taking a handful of pills just to forget I’ m alive. The pills are finished now and I can’ t get a prescription for more. I’ m seeing a psychologist, but that seems to be a dead end. The therapy is going nowhere. The previous psychologist I’ ve seen told me she can’ t help me. I’ m Bipolar and I’ m already heavily medicated.

I wonder whether there's Depression, here, maybe some social anxiety ? Within the Bipoalr Disorder ? I wonder what sort of psychologist you're seeing, as only CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) seems likely to be helpful here, and psychoanalytical mush would be worse than useless, and it totally obsolete. I don't understand a psychologist saying they cannot help you, especially not without a detailed discussion of what is wrong, what is needed, and why SHE can't help you. Similarly, nobody should be wasting time or money on therapy that's going nowhere --- one of the things I like about CBT is that one sets agendas and works to an agreed plan, rather than drifting aimlessly. Seek such a therapist, and this may well help. Resist the tendency for your world to get smaller --- get involved in charities and similar activities, especially over the holiday period, so that you can concentrate on meeting the needs of others, even mor eunfortunate than you, rather than simply sitting around absorbed in your own misery. I'm sure you could be of real value to others.

3
Posted by: MIA | 2008/12/03

EK HET OOK SO WEGGEKRUIP VI DIE LEWE. mAAR OP ' N DAG NET BESLUIT HIER TOE EN NIE VERDER NIE. EK HET VERDER GAAN LEER ' N WERK GEKRY EN DAAR GGAN MY LEWE AAN JA SOMTYDS IS EK BANG VIR DIE UITDAAGINGS VAN DIE LEWE<  MAAR EK GLO IN MYSELF EK KAN DIT DOEN EN DAN DOEN EK DIT MET OF SONDER SUKSES .

STERKTE

Reply to MIA
Posted by: hope | 2008/12/03

i know exactly how you feel. i havnt had a serious condition of depression but i can imagine waht your feeling. i used also come back from work and go straigh to bed and weekends i wold lock my bedroom door and stay in bed. but waht i realised was that nothing is gona change unless i do something abou tit. there arepeopel out there that are going through wrose than you can ever imagine.like waht doc says go out there and do volunteer work and you will see how beautiful it is to help other who are more in need than you are. u will realise how grateful you are to have that house, bed, curtains that you can close yourself behind.some people dont even have food to eat for suppser tonight. go out there and avail urself to those that dont have much.

Reply to hope
Posted by: seriously | 2008/12/03

PRAY

Reply to seriously