Posted by: Tom | 2009-02-12

My workout

Would you be able to evaluate my workout as I planned it myself and I would like to know if there are any problems with it such as overworking or excluding any muslces

Cross trainer - 10 mins

Treadmill - 10 mins

Rowing machine - 10 mins

Seated Row - 3 Sets 10 Reps

Leg Press - 3 Sets 12 Reps

Leg extension - 3 sets 10 reps

Leg curl - 3 sets 10 reps

Seated lat pull down - 3 sets 12 reps

shoulder press - 3 sets 10 reps

chest press - 3 sets 10 reps

pec deck - 3 sets 10 reps

bicep curls - 21' s

Hi Tom

Difficult to do. This is one day, and the programme is not just one day but how you link them together. I don't think, for example, that you could do this four or five times a week without it becoming stale or boring, or possibly being too hard.

It's certainly got all the right elements - cardio and weight work, and the duration of the training seems fine. However, I'm not sure that you need to squeeze everything into one day. I would check out the Fitness page of this site, click on "Programmes" and then look at how they set up the programme from one day to the next. YOu'll find that your programme has the same elements, but divides up the training across the week, and that is really important for long term success.

So bottom line - you're doing the right things, but you might need to look at the structure, where you rest, how you focus etc.