Question
Posted by: Challenged Wife | 2008/07/15

My will to go on is challenged

What a painful day it has been for me... I found out my husband was having an affair in March sometime with a woman on facebook who even sent him pictures of her private parts... He deleted her page and assured me that all had stopped... Then she became friends with my brother-in-law & I was told i'm now over-reacting & that nothing's going on... I've kept a casual eye on contacts etc & discovered that 1 of her good friends is now friends with my husband... He says he didnt even know he was friends with her but i smell a rat from the situation... Those are now 2 channels that they could be using to communicate namely my brother-in-law & now this friend... When I brought up the issue last night he said I gutted him because he thought we we're doing fine and that all this was behind us.. What should i do?

She sounds like the sort of woman who should have a public health warning tattooed across her forehead, like a cigarette packet ! IS your brother-in-law that foolish or desperate, too ? Make it clear to him that after what he was doing, whining won't sort things out --- he was working towards infidelity, and owes it to you to be convincing about ending it and all other such activities

2
Posted by: Erica | 2008/07/15

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time at home. You must be feeling a lot of pain and anxiety right now. But know that this terrible time will pass.

In the meantime, as SR says, you have to stay on his case. You have every right to be upset and he has no right to be defensive, as he was the one who betrayed your trust and broke what was sacred in your marriage. He has to earn your trust back, and when it appears that he's having contact with his little hooker through indirect means, you just cannot accept that. I wonder if you can hire a private investigator to help you gain closure?

Much strength and love.

Reply to Erica
Posted by: SR | 2008/07/15

Stay on his case until the truth emerges

Reply to SR