Question
Posted by: nd | 2009-04-03

My wife

I have dysthemia and major depressend and I am on Cilift. I have no energy, want or need for sex at all. My wife (I am female too by the way), wants it all the time. I am running out of excuses to use. I have told her what my shrink told me... that depression as well as the medication causes a low libido, but she now expects me to be better after the starting the meds.

I really don' t know what to do anymore. She just carries on about it and makes me feel terrible about not wanting it.

Discuss this with your doc / shrink --- some people find a loss of sexual interest ( libido ) when they're on some of the antidepressants, but no AD does this with everyone, some do it rarely, so your doc should be able to help you find one that helps the depression without loss of libido. And CBT counselling, of course, helps depression too, without any sexual problems. Real depression takes time to improve, but will. Meanwhile, aren't there ways to be creative and for you to enjoy pleasuring your wife, without having to be especially aroused yourself ? Also, explain to her ( maybe she should speak to your doc ) the realities of depression, so as not to have unfair expectations at this stage

2
Posted by: Sympathy | 2009-04-03

BF, clearly you have no idea what depression is all about. It' s not something like flu that you recover from over night. have a heart please

Reply to Sympathy
Posted by: BF | 2009-04-03

Regardless of what you are if you love your partner you make a plan because you love them.

If you don' t want to do the deed yourself why do you not buy her some nice toys?

Either that or she might go looking and that you don' t want.

Reply to BF