Question
Posted by: Help | 2010-02-05

my weight

Good Day Doc

Please help me i had twins 1yrs ago and i have a lot of weight to loose +- 15kg. I have thought of going on simply slim but i have heard alot of things about it. My lifestyle is very hectic so for me to go sit in a gym is impossible.
Please can you help me what must i eat, do or take
I would like to loose the weight but not have myh skin hanging.
PLease help me i am desperite

Dear Help
Congratulations on the birth of your twins! Because Simply Slim has been withdrawn from the SA market by the Medicines Control Council (this happened on Friday), this option is no longer available and I would recommend that you rather avoid slimming pills if at all possible. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular aerobic exercise. I can understand that you don't have time between looking after the twins and your hectic job to go to a gym, but there is a simple solution. If you buy a skipping rope you can skip every day to get some exercise no matter when and where. Start slowly doing about 10 min and then increase how fast and long you skip as you get fitter and lose weight. The ideal is to do at least 30 min every day. If you lose weight slowly and steadily with the diet and the exercise you should not have loose skin afterwards. You can also consider doing situps to tighten your tummy muscles.
Wishing you and the twins all the best

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-02-06

Dear Help
Wishing you and the twins all the best